Thursday, July 26, 2012

best answer vs. correct answer

I saw this topic on yahoo and this is what yahoo users opinion are


Best answer vs. Correct answer?

Who in here has noticed that the 'best answer' chosen by asker isn't necessarily the correct answer?
I know flippant answers are fun, but occasionally someone will post a question looking for a legitimate answer.
Or are they really looking for confirmation of what they already think? Whether it is correct or not?
The answer to this question will of course be more philisophical/opinionated.
Or are we just looking for points for answering?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

I think most of us are looking for serious legit answers which strike home. I think we also end up selecting answers that confirm what we are feeling ourselves but are doubtful about, even though it might not be the "right" one. Really depends on the person's perspective who asked the question. I do feel bad for the people who have put their time and mental effort answering, but sometimes, a tiny lil thing in another short answer would just strike home more. For me, most of the times, it's difficult selecting best answer, esp if the q. is a subjective one, not a fact-based one. We really hv no control over who people want to give the points to. I answer questions when I really feel like sharing my views on that particular question. Getting points is just a bonus.
  • 0Rating: Good Answer
  • 0Rating: Bad Answer
Asker's Rating:
5 out of 5
Asker's Comment:
Very thoughtful answer!

Other Answers (8)

  • Some people on here look for confirmation. Others choose what they think is the best answer b/c it's well thought out, insightful, and makes sense.

    Everything you mentioned above is possibility. By what percentage?...........I don't know.
    • 0Rating: Good Answer
    • 0Rating: Bad Answer
  • Almost all of my questions are open ended ones, so there is no "correct answer". So I always vote for the "best answer" to my questions, the one that covers all the points the best, or makes my laught (depending on the question).
    • 0Rating: Good Answer
    • 0Rating: Bad Answer
  • Sometimes the questions are rhetorical, and don't require an absolute answer. Then best scores better than correct.
    • 0Rating: Good Answer
    • 0Rating: Bad Answer
  • Yes.
    • 0Rating: Good Answer
    • 0Rating: Bad Answer
  • You are correct. The best answer chosen is usually the first response given. Very very often it is not the best answer by far.
    I Cr 13;8a
    • 0Rating: Good Answer
    • 0Rating: Bad Answer
  • we're all just looking for points. I've noticed too, that people pick the answer they are looking for...might not be the right one, but they like it.....flawed system
    • 0Rating: Good Answer
    • 0Rating: Bad Answer
  • good question! not only that, but how do you place category for dumb questions? are they stupid, or dumb, or maybe assinine! are you ugly, butt ugly, scummy looking, or a filthbag? who knows?
    • 0Rating: Good Answer
    • 0Rating: Bad Answer
  • i think its different for everyone...some people want legite answers some just want conformation and some are just idiots
    • 6 years ago


1 comment: